3-D Dental Scanning
At Leagrave Dental, our team of dentists provide high quality dental treatments to patients, using the latest digitalised technology.
We have the latest Cone Beam CT scanner on site so all complex procedures can be done here from start to finish by our own highly trained clinicians.We are also proud to announce we’ve started using iTero Intraoral scanning and are currently the only practice in Luton to offer this facility for the full range of Invisalign treatments.
We have the benefit of offering in-house CT scanning for our patients to help provide safer, quicker and more accurate dental implant placement. We also welcome dental referrals for CT scanning from dentist colleagues in the local area.
- The main benefit of using this advanced technology is improving patient safety as CT scans are essential for the accurate placement of dental implants especially in risky areas involving the lower posterior teeth or near the sinuses.
- This equipment produces 3D images that can be used for the precise placement of implants using SICAT-guided surgery technology, to an accuracy of 0.5mm.
- The scans allow dental implant surgeons to see with pinpoint accuracy exactly what we want to be doing and what we need to avoid before we start any treatment.
- Modern digital CBCT machines are safe delivering a low dose of radiation compared to hospital based Spiral CT Scanners. They measure the depth, width and density of the jawbone, and more importantly the depth of bone near vital structures, like nerve canals and sinus cavities, in a 3D view.
iTerois the latest technology in dentistry which enables dentists to take impressions of your teeth and assess your oral condition.
Scanning for Invisalign Treatment
During Invisalign treatment, we take 3-D digital impressions by scanning your mouth, eliminating the need to pack paste in your mouth to take impressions.
- Our dentists use iTero during your consultation session to show you an accurate simulation of the position of your teeth after the treatment is completed.
- You will also be able to see how your teeth will appear at each stage during the treatment.
- This scanner also ensures Invisalign aligners are the perfect fit for your teeth.
- Therefore, your Invisalign appointments will be straight forward and treatment can start sooner.
- It’s quicker, cleaner, and it’s far more accurate than traditional impressions.
If you are considering Invisalign to straighten your teeth, our scanner will make the process more accurate and pleasant. Read more about Invisalign Orthodontic treatment here.
For further information about any of our services please call us: 01582 494815.